Friday, March 8, 2019

Lenten Reflections on Scripture: Day 1. Ash Wednesday

It is Ash Wednesday , which marks the beginning of what I consider "The most wonderful time of the year", Lent.
There is always the question "What are you going to "give up" for Lent?Coffee? Chocolate? Facebook? 
For me I will not "give up" anything, but rather give back to the world some of what Christ and His Church have given me. 


For the 40 days of Lent I challenge all of you to post a verse or passage from scripture for others to think about, along with a song to back it up. Our mission as Christians is the Great Commission, which is to Bring the Gospel to the world. 
The words i heard when they applied the ashes to my forehead today were "Repent and believe in the Gospel" . 
Sadly, Christians are more known for what we are against rather than WHO we are for, and WHOSE we are. So by posting the verses from scripture, my goal is to show people WHO we are following and what it is all about, for on that final day, we will not be asked about Kenosis, whether we are "pre-trib" , "post trib" or anything like that, nor will be be asked wht denomination we were. We will simply face Jesus, and He will either know us , or He will not. He will know us by whether we had a personal relationship with Him, through prayer, and getting to know Him through scriptural revelation, through what the Church teaches us about Him and he will know us by our fruits: ie works done IN HIM, THROUGH HIM, and FOR HIM. 
So let's introduce HIM to the world, the reason for our hope. It' not about us anyway. 
So without any further ado, today's Scripture comes from today's Psalm (#51 :10-12) is "Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and put a new and right spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from your presence,
and do not take your holy spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and sustain in me a willing spirit.." 
I'm tagging some of you in this, people who I think would want to participate in this challenge, but even if you are not tagged, feel free to join in. And let me know.

No comments: